Tuesday, July 5, 2011

copii mei.

sorry. this isn't the post about our trip yet. that will be next.
this is about the kiddies i've missed so much! i adore them.
and i love being back in the swing of things.
my kiddies gave me smiles and hugs yesterday. those that were able, i mean.
and it was interesting to note that in some of them i could see a difference from the lack of attention i know they'd suffered in the past week. some had habits and mannerisms that were present when i first got here, but had mostly gone away. like the bites and bruises from the beginning?
i might have a few new bruises, despite being better at avoiding flailing body parts.
but. i did miss my kids like crazy. and love being back with them again.
and the hospital has been so good the past few days! especially today.
yesterday i spent most my time with a girl who's there from section 2 who's practically one of my own. and a romanian lady came in and said she could tell that the darling little girl in my arms loved me.
also, member the girl i was in love with from a few weeks ago? as well as the little boy in the nextdoor crib?
they're back in the hospital! this is sad news, obviously, when it comes to their health.
but excellent news that i get to see them again. they're just as sweaty and adorably cute as ever.
and now for one of my favorite moments of my entire romanian experience, which occurred today.
a nurse asked me if i'm romanian. because i know romanian so well.
easily made my life complete.
you may think this is no big deal. but let me tell you. this is a huuuge deal.
i was on fire with understanding and speaking romanian this afternoon. like, 100 percent on fire.
and days like that are not everyday. and when someone comments on it beyond just saying i seem to know it really well, but go so far as to ask if i'm romanian?
i hope everyone reading this realizes it's a very big deal.
bahaha.
but really.
member how i have to leave this place 4 weeks from today, and time's up with my kids 3 weeks from tomorrow?
say it isn't so. i will not go.

also, it's still quite rainy a majority of days, which i love. also, my umbrella broke in bucharest. (this is a fun story for later.)
anyway. i'm scared for when the real july shows up. i might melt.
la revedere! i love this place. almost too much.
i am completely and sincerely attached.
there are very few things keeping me excited for august 2nd.
and one of them is not the enormously long plane rides.

No comments: