Wednesday, May 25, 2011

just like a waving flag.

it makes me sad that i can't really enormously tell a lot about everything i'm doing here. because i love it. but that's ok. c'est la vie.

today we went outside for awhile at a playground outside of section 2 with a few of my kids. interesting experience? yes.
today one of my girls had a major attack of the giggles. like major. everything i did, she just about died of laughter. it was hilarious. and the other kids kept looking at her like she was completely insane. it made my day.
i think my kids are maybe a little bit starting to recognize me. maybe. it's still under debates. especially with some more than others.
i heard one of my kids laugh for the first time today. like really laugh and giggle. usually he doesn't make a sound at all and is rather content at all times. but he was actually making noises and laughing when i tickled him.
one of my other kids always laughs with the most perfect laugh when he gets tickled. i wish i could bottle it up. it brings instant happiness just to hear it. and see it.
genius boy is a smarty. and has a little attitude. it's funny to watch. especially when it comes to him doing things he doesn't really want to do.

i feel like i have a lot of research to do. i really want to be able to serve these kids in the most effective possible way for them individually. and in order to do so, i need to do more research about what is going on with their bodies and minds to discover the best ways to play with them. it's never-ending. fascinating, really. there's so much to learn.

i feel like i'm behind on new music. i don't listen to music as often here. and i'm going to come back in 2 and a half months and be embarrassingly behind. aka, those of you in america should keep me updated on new music finds. it would be greatly appreciated. i'll get around to listening to anything people send me at some point or another.

speaking of information from those stalking me. i feel like some family of mine or even the random readers might have some insights to share for the following:
does anyone have any good ideas on helping a kid learn to count? one of our kids is most definitely not a fan of it, and he's stubborn too. and they've been working on it for awhile now. any new suggestions? let me know. email me if you want to chat or want more information. or have good ideas. i'd love to hear.

also, if anyone is an expert on fetal alcohol syndrome: come talk to me. that's one i don't know a lot about. and i want to learn. any insights would be appreciated.

cool? cool.

member how i love this place?
member how i love my kids?
member how i love what i get to do every day?
life is so satisfying right now.
last night i realized that once june starts, our last two months will go by fast. especially july. that last month will fly by. part of me feels like there's a ton of time left, and the other part of me feels like it's all so short and ending too soon.
for now? i plan to soak it all up.
pa!

p.s. i'm being serious when i say i love hearing from people from the states and about their lives. just saying. i got an email from sarah (my old roommate) today, who is currently in england on study abroad. and another from laursy. as well as some family members. i might have died it was so exciting for me to have something to read and laugh about and feel connected to.
but beyond that: i love romania. i'm nowhere near ready to come home. then again, i don't know if i ever will be.

No comments: