Monday, May 30, 2011

popcoh. pop.

i woke up at 8:20 this morning to the sound of rosly poo leaving, as usual.
and then had a solid day at section 2 with my kids!
one of my boys finally smiled and was happy! this is a very big deal. he usually is in his chair and mostly always partially crying, or something of the sort, or just sitting rather somberly. but he was out on the mattress in the middle of the floor, and was doing some major wiggling with his feet. he loved it. i think that's the key with him. he loves movement.
i took one of my other boys out of his chair today when he started crying and held him for awhile. which he thoroughly enjoyed. as did my other boy that i picked up and danced around with for awhile. mostly, they just all love to be held. it's cute. but tiring. but adorable.
i went back to have my daily time with my kids in the back room, tickle them and sing for awhile. and while there, my other kids came back from outside. my one girl who is usually a stinker was in an excellent mood. and i think she finally recognizes me! she called me em when i asked her who i was. (easier than saying emily. naturally.) and she came up to me and clapped her hands to the tune of a tune i sing when she's clapping mine, as in wanting to hold my hands and clap them as i sang the entire thing. and then both she and one of my other girls, at different points today, started singing a part of 'popcorn popping' to me, so that i would sing the whole thing with them. it was super cute.
near the end a couple of them got quite naughty. which often happens. buuut, nothing too dramatic.
during our lunch break i fell asleep, and since i'm still kind of sick i decided to not go to the hospital for today. the orphanage was long and interesting as it was with my limited energy. but i still loved it.
while i was at section 2 this morning, i realized how much i really do miss my kids over the weekends when i don't get to see them. and i get excited in the mornings when i get to go to them. especially when it's been awhile. sometimes even day to day. like right now, i'm excited for tomorrow. as long as they are happy campers. hopefully none of them are naughty. but i do love that i finally feel like i'm really slightly making headway and really feeling comfortable there and with each of my kids. like i'm past the initial, slightly awkward getting used to each other stage. with my workers too. it's nice.

anyway.so this afternoon i took a nice long nap. like, a real nap. none of this half-nap business that i usually have when i take a nap here. and when i woke up, i moved from the chair i was sitting in (yes i took a nap in a chair. our other sleeping locations were taken with roslyn and amanda sleeping before they left for the hospital.) into the living room and read jane eyre for awhile. I FINISHED IT! this is kind of a really big deal. mostly because i started reading it over a year ago, but with school and everything it's only been off and on that i've read it. but i finally finished. and loved it. so cute. it's been a long time coming. so now i want to see the movie. add it to the list of things to do when i'm in america again. ha.
tonight being monday meant that we had fhe at the branch! and it was highly successful. there were a bunch of investigators there! ha. i sound like a missionary. but it really was super neat. so we played card games and chatted. and then here i am. i think i'm going to go to bed soon. a little pathetic, i know. it's fine. i'm 20. i do what i want.
hahaha. juuust kidding. but i really might go to bed soon. judge me all you want.
i'm like an old lady. it's only 10 and i'm already pooping out. and probably could have gone to bed earlier.
it's fine. don't even worry about it.

p.s. it's almost june. say whaaa? when did that happen? speaking of. i have some write-ups to do. for culture stuff, and for this week there's a special write-up? oh goody.
we've almost been here a month. and after this week, i feel like time is going to fly even faster. especially with our mid-semester retreat coming up, a faculty visit? maybe? haaa. and transfers are next week for the missionaries. super sad. we'll miss them, if they're transferred out. and then at the beginning of july there'll be a new mission pres! not that that will effect us in any way. but it's still exciting. and then soon after all of that, it will be time to say goodbye. not ok. i refuse to think about it. for now, i'll keep enjoying every last sweat-dripping-down-my-face-and-back second. and while i'm at it, i'll enjoy my shaorma too. mmmm.

1 comment:

McKenna said...

Emily! Sounds like you are having an amazing experience in Romania. I love your pictures and descriptions of the kids and area. Oh and Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books! Loved it from the first time I read it and I learn something new each time I read it again.